Friday, November 27, 2009

Is losing your hair all due to the mother's side of the family?

no, it could be due to stress, medication, and whoever carries the stronger gene.



Is losing your hair all due to the mother's side of the family?

If you're undergoing cancer treatment, losing all your hair doesn't always happen. I had radiation treatments and a mild form of chemo, and I didn't lose my hair, thank God.



Generally, cancer treatments attack cells that reproduce relatively quickly ... becasue cancer cells reproduce very quickly, so they're targeted, obviously. Among healthy cells, the kinds of cells that reproduce kinda quickly are hair cells, and cells inside your mouth. That's why cancer patients sometimes lose their hair, and sometimes get mouth-sores. I did get mouth-sores.



If your question is not related to cancer treatment ... Male pattern baldness skips a generation, and is passed down through the female. So my father was bald, and my sister's son may inherit that baldness. But I'm didn't go bald because of my father. I didn't go bald at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan